Sunday, February 27, 2022

Party Time - The Finalé

Yes,  I have a finish for this month!  The Party Time quilt is all bound and labeled,  washed and dried.  And best of all it is on MY bed. Tonight I will get to sleep on this beauty.

Party Time is a wonderful mishmash of color, shapes and textures.  There are curved pieces and wonky pieced blocks.  There are two pineapple blocks - one of them is a variation on the pineapple. There are  log cabin variations and tumblers. 

The binding is made of several pieces of fabric in a variety of colors. Most of it was scrap fabric, also. 

The fabrics range from shirtings, to calicos, hand dyed fabrics to batiks and prints. The quilting is as varied as the blocks and fabrics.  This quilt is truly a "party" to look at.  My friend, Kitty, and I decided that this quilt reminds us of the TV show "Laugh-In."  I said, "Yes, I can imagine a young Goldie Hawn wrapped up in this quilt using it as a dress while she tells a joke."  

I am sure I will enjoy the colors and textures of this quilt on my bed.  And I love the scrappy binding too!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations! It turned out very nice. I know you will enjoy it.

Julierose said...

What a gorgeous finish on "Party Time" Nice work getting all these blocks to play well together...hugs, Julierose

Carolyn said...

Wonderful quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out great!! I'm sure you made the right decision to add the side panels and make it big enough for a bed.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE it!! - It's SO HAPPY!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

It turned out great! You are right about the Laugh In reference.

Quilting Gail said...

I hope you have a party for this quilt! I love the variety - both in fabrics, design and quilting! Have a good rest with it!

Jeanna said...

I love everything about this quilt, Gene. It is party for sure but a well-behaved one :) It really came together so nicely.

Kathleen said...

This is a wonderful, joyous quilt to behold! I love the conglomerate of piecing and quilting and all the joy it will bring you. Congratulations on a wonderful finish!