Thursday, February 17, 2022

Some of the Second Panel

Feathers are becoming easier for me to stitch, so there are three sections (so far) in the second panel with feather designs.   These are so much fun when they are working and I am enjoying seeing where I can "push" them.  
First of all, here is my second feather circle/wreath design.  It still isn't exactly what I was trying to achieve but I am still happy that it came out this well.  


For the second one,  I started with a circle in the center and stitched feather shapes 
leading up to meet at the circle. 


Then in this green section, there is a feather going from one side to the other. 


Next up is just a fun section that I quilted very randomly. I just let myself 
go and do whatever came up.  I like it. 


For this last one,  I used a wash-away pencil and traced two partial circles. 
For the size, I used one of the bowls from my kitchen.
I outlined the circles and filled them with swirls.  
The rest was filled in with organic "straight-ish" lines. 


There are two small sections of this panel that are not yet quilted.
There are a few pieced sections that I haven't shown, mostly because the quilting
looks so much better on the solid areas of the quilt. 
By the end of the week, this panel should  be completed. 
Then I will be able to join the two panels to the Party Time quilt 
and bind it for a fun finish. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

So clever. Also very pretty!

Jeanna said...

Love the different variations of the feather. I especially like the one echoed around the outside.

Quilting Gail said...

You are doing wonderful work!!! Love it! :-)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I LIKE your quilting! It is really good. I don't do that well, and I have a longarm!
I really thought you had quit blogging, I hadn't seen an update forever, but I just discovered you changed your address, so I've added you to my sidebar again and look forward to seeing what you and your mom have been doing.