Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chiseled Diamonds and more

Okay so I got crazy with EQ last night and drafted some blocks using the chisel die and triangle blocks. This time 3 1/2 inch triangles. Yeah, uh, I don't have the die to cut them so If I make these I will be doing it the hard way. Still the designs are what I was coming here to talk about, not my lack of toys.

So the first design is currently called "Chiseled Diamonds." (I reserve the right to change the name!) I like this color combo so much that I used it for a second design. (not to mention that I spent WAAAY too much time doing various colorations.





So, the second design is "Spools and Diamonds."  It uses the same pieces just in a different layout.  Do you see the "spools?"   They have dark blue ends and aqua thread on them that is bulged out at the center.  They look like spools to me anyway!.

Spools and Diamonds




And finally "Dancing Accordions" --- I suppose it should be "concertinas" rather than accordions, but that doesn't sound as good. Dancing Accordions is made entirely of chisel pieces. LOTS of Chisel pieces.

Dancing Accordians

So if I were to sell one of these patterns which would you prefer?

16 comments:

Barb said...

The last one.

Pat said...

I like the last one, too, but I'd use colors similar to the other ones. You know...the ones that have GREEN in them (which I thought you didn't LIKE green!!!! LOL)

luv2quilt2 said...

I love the lasts obne, and it looks like Japanese lanterns to me.

Unknown said...

I think the middle and the last one are most visually appealing to me! However, I really like what you have done with all of them!

Sharlee said...

Your designs are fantastic, however my favorite is the "Dancung Accordions" your color combinations is awesome!! That would be my choice over all..

Jandi said...

Dancing Accordions! I love them!

ooglebloops said...

I like the all - but maybe, it's the colors, but the dancing accordions is my favorite!

Unknown said...

oh la la......i would "buy" the last one, but I love all of them...........and please stop, your making me want EQ more and more

Joanne Lendaro said...

Can't really decide, LOVE them all!! You going cross-eyed from playing on the computer with EQ yet??

Chartreuse Moose said...

Hmmm, I'd vote for door #2! Maybe the colors have more to do with choice, but I like the way ones eye follows the design. Hope you are serious about creating patterns...you appear to have a gift! Thank you for your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be different. Actually I'm a bit surprised that the 3rd one is way ahead of the other two in comment preference. When I opened your post, I said "Wow!", but it wasn't until I saw all 3 that I knew which was my favorite -- number 2, without a doubt. And it's not because I see spools and diamonds (which I do), but it's because it's so YOU. I don't know if you thought of this, but without any help, I see your Native American heritage in this one. Now I want you to rename it! ;)

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Wow, beautiful designs. The top one is my favorite!

limpingalong said...

I like the first one -- reminds me of a stained glass piece.

sewfunquilts said...

Definitely.....the last one, and agree that it looks like Japanese Lanterns..and boy could I see that one made with Asian fabrics etched with gold.

SewCalGal said...

I like all of them.

Isn't it funny how the AccuQuilt changes your approach to designing quilts. These are wonderful.

I think there is a great opportunity to design patterns and/or publish books, all based on designing quilts via the AccuQuilt products. Can't wait to see what you publish!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Micki said...

I like the last one, but all are good Gene.
Micki