Friday, June 11, 2010

Gene Black an Alabama Artist


Remember when I was doing these? Today I am sitting in the hospital waiting room for outpatient procedures - I am the transport driver today for family. So I am joining a few more of them. I need to measure the unsewn circles and see if there is a die in that size for the Go cutter. I thinK it will a take a few thousand more before I finish this quilt. This is long term handwork project.
Okay, back to working for me

Update:corrected mistyped words (I hope) and still at hospital- tired of hand sewing.

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Surely there's a cutter for that....I'll keep my fingers crosses.

luv2quilt2 said...

The only things I've ever made with yoyos were clown dolls that were very popular when I was a kid. Surely there will be a die for this - it's so popular right no.

Nancy said...

are you kidding? You DON'T have the circle cutter... well...really, go change that.. maybe we should take up a collection?? cause we wouldn't want you to actually have to CUT CIRCLES LIKE THE REST OF US!!!

BTW... don't like yoyo's...



written tongue-in-cheek...kidding.. really!

Melissa ;-) said...

Hand sewing takes time, but it makes time fly when you are sitting and waiting!

Micki said...

Love all of the yo yos... good thing to do while you are waiting and waiting.
Micki

Barb said...

I have an older friend that gave me the most awesome quilt made of yo yo's, it is in storage and I really don't know how old it is. She has about 5 daughters but gave it to me because she knew I would appreciate it....and I do...so keep at it..what a great project for waiting.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Won't say my age, but don't delay! ;)))))

Unknown said...

I bought a heart shaped yo yo maker today while at the BIG fabric shop. YIPPIE

Patty said...

Not a fan of yo yos, but have seen some beautiful old quilt made of them. Hope you're out of work and home by now. Have a good Friday night.

Kim Brackett said...

I love yo-yos. That's a good way to pass the time while you're waiting. Hope the patient is doing well.