Sunday, June 06, 2010

A change -Oops! Oh, it will be okay.

You may notice that my blogger layout has changed.  I was very careful and saved the template before I edited it. That should make everything fine because I can upload the old one and set it back, right?  Sure EXCEPT- I was going to remove the background image (multi-color pastel blur) Well, I can NOT figure out how I put it there. I can't find a reference to it in the code.

I know I hosted the image on my Flickr stream.  Ah, just go and delete it, right?  Wrong! that left a "missing image" block from Flickr. Very Bad!

So now I have a new look.
What do you think of it?

14 comments:

Nancy said...

lovely!!

ooglebloops said...

I like it - bright and cheery - love the banner.

Kim Brackett said...

Looks good from here! And congratulations on the publishing gig! That's very exciting. I watch Pokey's show, too. You'll let us know when the issue is available, right?

Tangos Treasures said...

I just did the same thing. Only I saved my old one to where?? I don't know. So I just started all over & got rid of the three columns.
Your's looks nice!!

julietk said...

hose templates can be very complicated well done on your revamp it is nice and clean looking.

julietk said...

What happened to my T :-)

SewCalGal said...

Your new do is nice. I too had some hiccups with the layout changes (still working thru it). But, Gene, this really looks nice.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Actually, I like this layout a lot...

sewfunquilts said...

Blue is not used much on the blogs...refreshing, and I like it. Simple, easy on the eyes.

Petit Design Co. said...

I like the simplicity.

Ok in your browser click:
view>page source
in the new window press ctrl+F
enter: 1blogheader.jpg
into the "find field" at the bottom of the browser and click enter. It will higlight it in the code and that whole long thing is (I think) the image you are looking for

Stephanie Hughes said...

I love it too. You have more room for things than before. Looks simple and reads easy. Stephanie

luv2quilt2 said...

I like it. It's clear and easy to read for my old eyes.

Unknown said...

looks fine to me....i attempted to join that jelly roll quilt along, the lady didn't even respond to my comment or question, oh well

~Laurie~ said...

I like the look - it's clean and easy to read. The banner looks nice also - did you want to get rid of the background on the banner? I think it looks good the way it is.