Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What if I made a Whole Quilt with this one?

After making Block nine of the Jelly Roll Quilt Along, I thought about it a bit.  I think it would be a great block to make an entire quilt from.


So I did this one in my photo editor
Block_9 quilt


Then I did the following ones after drafting the block in EQ5:





Then with a smaller, different layout and border, but the same blocks:


Yeah, I think the wider black border really makes it pop.


The Designer of the block is Toby Lischko of Gateway Quilts & Stuff, Inc. Website: 
And her Blog:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the 3rd one, kinda rainbow like....i want eq5 or 7......so expensive though

Sharlee said...

I love it!! I knew it was going to br "Beautiful" you did it... I like the one with the wider black border, it brings out all your colors and makes them more intense and vibrant !!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I like the one with the wider black border also. Especially with the reds. I love black and bright quilts :)

SewCalGal said...

All look good to me, but my favs are #2 & #3.

BTW....You may want to use Google translator to check comments left on your blog left in another language.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

This is a fun block that looks great on it's own. I still need to make mine.
Hope you have a great day.
Regena

Pat said...

I also like #2 and #3 the best. I need to learn the drafting feature a lot better in EQ....because I'm not able to do yet what you did with the block...and it's SO helpful to see it all these various ways before buying (and cutting) the fabric!!!

Barb said...

You are just having too much fun with that program....

Royce said...

Yes I agree with Barb you are having fun with EQ. I've yet to see it in action, but plan on it soon. You really have me interested in it for sure. I've gone from never heard of it before to must have it now!

Twisted Quilts said...

What a great block. And so neat that you can look at ways to use it.