Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The threads are intricately woven into a quilt called life.

 This post has a "deep philosophical" title. Some days I think that the interweaving of lives that we share through our blogs  is truly amazing.  Have you ever looked at a quilt and wondered where it was made? Who made it?  Did they have a huge studio? Or did they perhaps only have a few square feet dedicated to quilting?

Okay....I am bursting to tell you.   I put clues in the above paragraph. Luckily, I got an email that said "you can blog about this now if you want to"   Ha.  IF?  If?   Oh yes, I want to.  I really REALLY want to share it. A second amazing thing happened to me.  It all started a few weeks ago.

I got a nice email from someone I didn't know. It looked intriguing and I took the chance and read it.  I figured if I didn't open attachments or click on links in the email I would be safe.  It seems that one of the editors -yes I said EDITORS - from a magazine found my blog and read it.  Perhaps "Interweave" rings a tiny bell with you?  It did with me. You see there is an art quilting show that I watch on Saturdays - or record and watch later.  The show features Patricia "Pokey" Bolton and is called "Quilting Arts."   The company also publishes a magazine called "Cloth Paper Scissors" --have I gotten your attention now?

This group also publishes a magazine that comes out four times a year.  It is called Studios.   I was asked to send in some photos and answer some questions "for consideration for publication in our magazine."  


WHAT?  ME??? You are kidding right? 


Surely someone was playing with me. So I did some research and found the editor listed.  I checked the email address that the email came from.  Everything looked legit.  Oops wait a minute - I don't really have a studio, do I?
I wrote back and explained that I just use a very small area for my quilting.  No problem! Send it in.  


I did it.  Today, I got an email proof of the article so that I could verify that nothing was changed or misquoted.  Due to copyrights I can't share that with you. Sorry.   The good news is this:  I will let you know when the magazine comes out and you can get your very own copy.  I may even get an extra and have  a giveaway. If I do, I will autograph the giveaway copy for you. 


After winning the Go! cutter by AccuQuilt last week, and then getting this news today, I am wondering what is next!  (Yeah, I will probably fall face down in doggy droppings cause this feels like a dream! and something will have to wake me up to reality. ) 
Today, life is good for me.  I hope good things for you to my blog readers and friends!

20 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, Gene...I am SO happy for you. I know recently you had talked about maybe someone wanting photos of your studio and you were a bit concerned and we were all trying to encourage you. YAY!!! We were RIGHT......they know a good person when they find him!!!! Yippeee!!! I have to say I'm not yet familiar with that magazine but I do want to get it when your studio is shown in there!!! (Hope you remember all us "little people" when you are famous!!! LOL)

Lindi said...

Fabulous Gene! I commented on Facebook when you won the Accuquilt, that you were on a roll and it seems I was right! Interweave knows a good move when it sees it, you are obviously popular and worth reading about. Your blog followers are proof of that! :)

Nancy said...

OMG....HOW EXCITING!!! I have tingle fingers just reading this. Keep us informed...

luv2quilt2 said...

Outstanding!! You are certainly on a roll. I will so look for that magazine when it's available. Congratulations!!

sharon said...

How neat! I am so happy for you!
Sharonj.

Rhonda said...

Wow Gene good for you!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read all about it!!!

Greg said...

Congrats Gene!!! When your issue comes out I'll hunt down a copy.

SewCalGal said...

Gene, you'll soon be on the lecture circut at IQF and/or Quilt Market! Congratulations.
Tell Pokey hi for me!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Gene, I could not be any happier for you than if it had happend to me. I can't wait to see the magazine and hopefully, can find a copy somewhere. That is just soooooooooooooooo awesome.

Andrea said...

It really couldn't have happened to a nicer man - well done love. Please tell us fame won't change you and you will still want to be friends with us LOL xxxxxx

Petit Design Co. said...

Gene that is so awesome! I see now what you meant by wonderful things happening all over bloggy land. You must be as excited as I am to be "published." He he we're like "for reals" now! Of course I'm still jealous of all your little wins and your big recent win (GO)! I hope that you continue to have a wonderful streak of good fortune!

Unknown said...

WOW gene. u da man! how exciting.....

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and deserved recognition of a true fiber artist! Looking forward to seeing article. :)

Cottonwood Quilter said...

Very good news Gene, I am anxious to see the magazine. Pinch yourself, that way you will know it is not a dream, you deserve all that you receive.
Cottonwood Quilter

Royce said...

That is WONDERFUL. I've picked up issues of this before and it's great. So happy for you. Things are going great and I'm thinking you just might be due for the 3rd thing to happen! You know that old line about things happening in 3's. Hope you get another great thing!

Patty said...

Great news Gene,you know they say things come in threes, so maybe there one more good news thingy waiting to happen.

Elizabeth said...

Gene, that's really wonderful! Congratulations! Can't wait to read it!

quiltmom anna said...

It is wonderful to see articles written by and about quilters who have a passion for quilting. Gene, you are a very creative person who continues to express yourself through a variety of medium- it is always interesting and inspiring to your fellow bloggers.
Congratulations I am sure it will be a terrific article.
Regards,
Anna

Jindi's Cottage said...

Big Congratulations Gene, that is such exciting news...
Here's my hope for your next "win"...the chance for you to design (or in some way participate in designing) a fabric range...reality can wait!!

www.welovequilting.com said...

Good things happen to good people! Way to GO!!!!