Thursday, November 12, 2009

Art for Thursday


I am going to post one of my strange little ATC (artist trading card) pieces as the "Art for Thursday"  photo.
I am NOT doing this as a regular Thursday post. I just named this post that. Okay?

To create this piece I did some abstract watercolor shapes on watercolor paper.  Then I cut the paper into trading card size (2.5 by 3.5 inches)  Those pieces then got drawn on with a Sharpie or else  a Pigma marker.  (the really small tipped ones 1.0mm or less)

Of course the drawing is abstract also. So, what do you see?


I am hoping to have a sewn piece at least pieced so I can show it tomorrow - or would you rather see my co-worker's carvings?
Tune it to see which I decide to show!

Hey, don't forget that Barb at Bejeweled Quilts is having a giveaway in support of her niece,  Jennifer,  opening Inchworm fabrics.

Gene

9 comments:

Pat said...

The yellow on the left is making me think PINEAPPLE and I also see an eye in the middle. :)

ooglebloops said...

It reminds me of an underwater scene - some fish and seaweed? Whatever it appears to be, I like it!!!
would love to see your friend's carvings and your stuff always!!!

Needled Mom said...

That would make a gorgeous piece of fabric too.

Micki said...

It's gorgeous Gene...the black incorporated in with the other colours makes it.
Micki

lesthook said...

Really cool Gene!

Royce said...

I see space fish, but then that's my strange outlook. I like it. Do you swap your ATC's? If you would like to swap just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Really neat -- and "art" at its best where everyone sees and feels something different.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Fish, a sand dollare, a jellyfish, and some shells. Love it.

Lindi said...

The first thing that pops into my head: Freedom on a motorbike!