Saturday, November 07, 2009

Art for Today

Today I am posting one of my larger paintings. This piece is 22" by 30" (approx) It is acrylic on watercolor paper. I call it "In the Gloaming"
This is one of my original works of art and it is available for sale. However, I am posting it here just for your enjoyment. If you wish to contact me about any of my art OR other works, go to my website at http://www.geneblack.com and use the contact form. (Or you can comment here and say "don't publish" and I will keep your comment private)


In the Gloaming

7 comments:

julia said...

"in the Gloaming" is a perfect title for this painting. I love your use of color and the balance of the top with the bottom portion of the piece. So beautiful!

Pat said...

I agree with Julia's comments about this painting. I love when you share things like this with us. I admire people who can paint well. I tried a few watercolor classes and never was able to make much progress. Maybe one day I'll get brave and show on my blog the very few I actually finished. (I'll have to give that some thought, though, first....as I don't want to embarrass myself...LOL)

Barb said...

that is interesting....could interpret this painting many ways....

Isn't that what art is suppose to do, make you think? If so, you have done a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Acrylic on watercolor paper -- interesting! I've not heard of that before. It's lovely!

sewfunquilts said...

another beautiful use of color!
thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

This is beautiful. I came over to ask for the shop link that sells the fat qtr fabric that Barb won over at Pinelands patches...but am in awe of your art work. It is amazing!
p.s. I still would like the link to the fabric though. lol

quiltingnana said...

you are certainly multi-talented...I am green with envy