Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Re-Quilting


This is one of the quilts I finished a while back.    I had quilted it lightly using a programmed stitch on my machine.  Now that I have fallen in love with free motion work on that same machine, I decided that it needs more quilting. So last night, I decided to start on it.  Or would that be "re-start" it?

Anywho!  I put on a movie and set up the machine in front of the TV.  The movie I chose was "Ant Bully"   About halfway through I got slower on the quilting because I got interested in the movie. I got finally just stopped sewing and watched the rest of it.   So then I put in one I have seen many times - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte. It is a tale of murder and suspense, with a bit of horror thrown in.  It is actually a cautionary tale of deceit.  The ending always makes me think. Last night I realized that there are a couple of questions left hanging at the end of the movie.
Where was I?  Ha ha.  Yes I was quilting away. finally after three ?? or four bobbins, I stopped.  There is still a little bit to quilt and I will finish it this week.  Meanwhile you will have to make do with the picture above from the previous post.  Hopefully it will be wash and all crinkly the next time you see it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like improvisational quilting at it's best -- thinking about something else while meandering around with that machine. I'm looking forward to the crinkly results!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like fun anyway.

Petit Design Co. said...

HA ha! my kids love Ant Bully! I find I also have to watch something I've already watched before

sewfunquilts said...

I love your words - requilting! Great idea and why not??

Anonymous said...

OMG I love Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte! My mom taped it off tv when we were little and we watched it so many times it broke. I don't think anyone else could have played that part like Bette Davis did.

Some of my other favs would be Long Hot Summer (the Paul Newman one) I love Eula and Some Like it Hot, Gentleman Prefer Blondes and How to Marry a Millionaire! And Pillow Talk with Doris Day. How I miss The Classic Movie Channel. I wish Hulu would get some of these.

Anyway....I believe in sticking with a project until you really feel it's done! I can't wait to see it!

Pat said...

My goodness...FOUR bobbins and still not done?? This should be really good!!!

Gene Black said...

Woo Woo!!! someone "tweeted" this post! I feel special!