Monday, November 02, 2009

Crinkly Quilted Goodness

First off, I washed three new lap quilts to get them ready for the sale. How is this for a pile of crinkly soft goodness?



Now, I showed a bit of this quilt earlier when it was just my "framed square" blocks. Well this one is one of my favorite squares. Isn't the little bird on the branch a happy sight?




Here is most of the quilt, some of it hung over the back of my easel and didn't make it into the picture.



I think I love doing wild free-motion quilting. For a while I thought I did too much quilting on this one. Now I understand what Goldilocks was talking about "this one is just right"

13 comments:

^A^ngel said...

I think the amount of quilting is just perfect!! It suits the simplicity of the pattern...Awesome job!!

Have a good week Gene,

Hugs,

^A^ngel

BROOKE said...

I'm really impressed. You make it look so easy. I'm really struggling with the free motion quilting. eeeewwww my cat just drooled all over me.

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks great! Good luck with the sale!

Anonymous said...

I love the "crinkly" look. Actually, that's the reason I don't wash fabrics before using them. What a nice block with the little bird! The colors and design fit each other beautifully. About the free-motion quilting, I see "birdies" of one kind or another there too!

Petit Design Co. said...

those look great!

Barb said...

I love your crinkly goodness...

Barb said...

Hey, congrats on your win!!!! you have been quite lucky lately.

hetty said...

Love your crinkly quilted goodness! Good luck with your sale. How big are your lap quilts? I am making one now and wonder how big it should be.

Vesuviusmama said...

Beautiful quilt! The quilting compliments it very well. Good luck with your sale.

Misty.Castagno said...

They are so gorgeous! I love how they turned out!

Melissa ;-) said...

I totally agree!

fabricartist21 said...

Gene about your quilting being too much; i lost a blue ribbon for not having enough quilting on a quilt. I took second place. What a bummer. Your are doing so good.

julia said...

Thanks for the compliments on my blog. I do love to sew for the little ones. I am not a quilter, but I really admire those who are. I am very impressed with your work. I look forward to seeing more.