Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks to all of you who are faithful followers.  I am glad you keep coming back.  I am amazed that there are 76 people who follow me.  By my blog stats, I see that about 50 of them read every post.  Wow!  For that I am thankful.


I want to wish all of you a Happy day today.  I know that some of you are not US citizens, so Happy Thanksgiving is not appropriate for all of you.  However, for all the readers who DO celebrate this day of giving thanks for all the blessings in our lives, HAPPY THANKGIVING!


Today, I will be cooking (shock!) the Thanksgiving meal for the first time that I can recall.  I have cooked a dish or two to take before, but I don't think I have ever done the whole sha-bang. 
Truthfully, I am trying to keep it simple.  My menu consists of :
Ham (pre-cooked, but I will bake it with some pineapple for about an hour)

broccoli, (cause I love it) 
vegetable mix with snow peas, roasted potatoes, and red peppers,  (cause it looked good when I was shopping)
Sweet potato casserole (because I am Southern AND I never met a sweet potato I didn't like) Uh, yes I will have marshmallows toasted on top of it. 
For dessert; Apple pie - cause none of us really like pumpkin pie enough for me to do that.  There will be sugar free cool whip to top it. 


Mmmm......I am ready to eat now! 


Have a wonderful day and remember that if you are able to read this, you are blessed - so give thanks.

12 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

Happy Thanksgiving from one of your followers!

Pat said...

I'm sure your dinner will be wonderful. Be sure to take some pictures, okay?

Petit Design Co. said...

good luck with the cooking!

ooglebloops said...

Sounds delicious!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

~Laurie~ said...

Happy day to you too! Hope it all comes out delicious - it sure sounds delicious!!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope it's a good one for you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Gobble, gobble -- although in your case perhaps I should say Oink, oink. ;) Seriously, have a wonderful and thankful day!

Melissa ;-) said...

Good luck! I am sure you will do wonderfully!

Gene Black said...

Mmmmm..it is smelling so GOOOD. The marshmallows on the sweet potatoes are a perfect tan with bits of fluffy white showing. The pineapple on the ham is warm and fragrant. I am in heaven.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

And the best to you this day from one of your loyal followers. Dinner sounds delish!

Barb said...

Wait....I will be right over...don't start eating without me!!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!!
Enjoy your dinner!!