Sunday, November 01, 2009

Collage

Since I have been a little quiet on the quilting front, I am going to post this picture of a collage/painting I did some time ago. I love the texture and colors of this. I am thinking I may try to use part of it to design a fabric. I love using my paintings and drawings as the beginning for a fabric design.



For this work, I painted papers and attached them to the substrate. Then I added paint and a bit of texturing to add depth. I really love the end result.

6 comments:

sewfunquilts said...

Gene, that is gorgeous and it would be wonderful to see replicate it with fabric for a wall art quilt.

fabricartist21 said...

Heh there Guy your fabric would equal that of Kaffee for sure. Get it going.

I am having a monthly giveaway on my blog so go in and sign up for some fun.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I see so many things in this, but first is calla lillies! Love it, for sure.

Barb said...

Yes, I could sit and stare at that picture for hours....

Pat said...

What I see most is the profile of an animal with red ears. I love the colors in this!

Sarah said...

Wow this is probably my new favorite of all your works I have seen. What size is it?