Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Fabric Madness

What is this draped over my sewing machine?
I think that this first one is my favorite.

Yes it is! Those of you who have been following closely know that I am working on fabric designs even though I do not have any type of contact with the fabric industry -- unless you count the buying I do so frequently.
Like many authors who can't find a publisher to accept a manuscript, I decided to self publish, although in a limited edition.
You can buy it for your very own at Spoonflower
That will take you directly to my design "Eyes of Glory"
So far, I haven't been able to get it to appear when I search. If you have trouble getting to it with that link, please let me know.

Here is the second one, that I do believe I loved more on the computer monitor than I do in person. But I do still like it.



I am putting this second one up for sale also at Spoonflower

15 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Lovely fabbies. Way to go. Maybe you should submitt designs to one of the fabric companies.

Pat

ooglebloops said...

Gene, the fabric is gorgeous!! Isn't it addictive - you can't just do one!!! LOL I love the first one also - but the 2nd one is cool - kind of kaleidescope-ish!!! I didn't know you could sell it on Spoonflower - guess I didn't check that far into it!!!

Barb said...

Love your fabrics, I was trying to order some, I am only able to get the last one in my cart but I really want the first one as well....I type in the name and even have tried your name....I want one yard of each....can you help me??? I told you I loved the fabric....

Needled Mom said...

Great job!!!! The fabrics are gorgeous. Do I see a new career for you?

Unknown said...

i love it.........would love some fat quarters in it, going to check it out now.

Sarah said...

They look great! Much better on fabric than on a screen too. what are you going to do with them?

bingo~bonnie said...

oh wow you are doing things that most only dream of doing! Good for you! I think both would make fabulous borders or backings :)

Hey BTW, did you see that you were a winner of a blog-giveaway this week?? I am pretty sure it was you... so do some back tracking and go find out and make your claim! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Nat Palaskas said...

Hey Gene, the fabrics are awesome. I wish you all the best for the new venture. Isn't Serena the sweetest, to let us know about you - Hugs Natima

Anonymous said...

We always have our favorites of what we do, and I'm with you -- I love the first one most It's stunning and your name for it is perfect!

fabricartist21 said...

Heh gene thst is awesome, Both pics came up for me without any trouble. How do you sell this??
what is the price??

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty. I'm drawn more to the second one though..maybe cause I have a thing about black :) Great job :) Might have to go check some out for my stash :)

Pat said...

WOW...they are really eye-popping!!! GREAT job......you have some super talent!!!

Kim D. said...

Beautiful fabrics Gene..

Micki said...

The fabric is awesome and good luck with your new venture. I am sure that you will do so well!
Micki

Jean said...

These are beautiful...love them both!