Friday, November 12, 2010

Food -Glorious FOOD!

One of my co-workers is also an artist with wood carving. He carves these delightful old world Santa's from cypress knees.  He has just opened his 2010 online Gallery.  He just had his BIG show of the year at Christmas Village in Birmingham.   While he was there he met a lady who is also a blogger.  She doesn't make quilts (that I know of) but she does blog about FOOD!  Glorious FOOD.  Food that is delicious and easy to make.  Did you hear me?  Easy to make!!!!    Yeah, I have started following her blog called "Plain Chicken"  Now I have a strange confession to make.  I love to eat. BUT I don't eat chicken.  No, really, I don't.  And yes, I really am from Alabama.  But I still don't eat chicken.    However, even though her blog is "Plain Chicken"  the food is NOT plain chicken. Thank Goodness.  I will be spending days reading through it and collecting recipes.    First on my list to try is "Black Bean Brownies" - I admit that sounds slightly gross, but I will try most things. And hey, chocolate is involved here!  LOL. 

Have a great day and go find a recipe you want to try and let me know how it comes out.  Okay?



 

10 comments:

Pat said...

Gonna check out those links now!

Melissa ;-) said...

Black bean brownies are one of my favorites! You gotta try it!

Petit Design Co. said...

i've heard lots of good things about black bean brownies.

Maggey and Jim said...

Love the wonderful carvings of Santas.
Maggey

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL going to check them out! Thanks!

Tangos Treasures said...

tee hee I got so excited about checking out the blogs, I forgot to ask why you don't eat chicken?

Rhonda said...

Did you say chocolate????? I'll have to investigate.

Frummie said...

Hey Sweetie,
I will be in Mountain Brook on November 21-28. If you are going to be at your friend's show let me know. I am off to see the brownie recipe.
Hugs,

Miss Hillbilly said...

We cook very little out of the ordinary. We cut almost all flour, sweeteners, meat...well a lot of stuff out of our diet.
We do eat a LOT of beans. Any way that I can make them different sounds good to me! Thanks!

MoeWest said...

Thanks Gene. I saw quite a few recipes to try there. Now I'm hungry so snack time, then back to sewing.