Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some Gave All

I am very happy to enjoy all the freedoms I have. For that, I take today to thank our Veterans.  Many have fought and served our country. Sometimes they didn't agree with the fight but they felt that we deserved to be free.  For that I am truly thankful.  In the USA, in 1919, Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11th as a holiday to honor our Veterans.  Thank you Mr. Wilson.  But more importantly: Thank YOU to all the Veterans who have kept us free. Peace be with you.

.

4 comments:

Kaye said...

Very nicely said and oh so true. God Bless and watch over them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gene...I posted a thank you today too!
http://amkreations.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-thursday_11.html

Greg said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well said Gene.

Trudi said...

Thanks to you and yours from your brothers (and sisters!) in arms across the seas.