Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Show / Sale

Ah, another show/sale ends.  I am happy.  I got  up waaaaay early for me (4 am) and started on this today. Luckily I have been making things for weeks/months for this sale.   I did well!  I sold all but two potholders, all but three packages of notecards and some of everything else. I even sold a quilt.
Here is a picture of my booth before the sale opened.



The picture on the wall is NOT my painting.  It is there all the time.  I hung the bright puzzle quilt in the window behind me to ward off some of the heat from the sun. (it got surprisingly hot!) Then on my PVC pipe display rack I hung four other quilts.  The sampler quilt on the left is the one that sold. I made that quilt from the Jelly Roll Quilt Along blocks.  The purchaser wants first dibs on the one I am making now in the Layer Cake Quilt along.  Isn't that great?
I also have my A-frame display rack on the right loaded with covered notebooks, photo albums, table runners and coasters. Just under those are my potholders.  My jewelry display is in the center of the table and my notecards are along the front left two thirds of the table.  There are paintings in the window behind the table. 

Yes, ma'am/sir, I really did make all of this myself. <----- I said that numerous times. I also got lots of nice compliments. I think my head may have swelled a bit. 

I took pictures of some other booths also. But I will save those for another day. It was beautiful outside. I went out into the courtyard and took some pictures. I will tease you with a couple of them.
Japanese Maple near the outdoor altar. 

Roses by the door. 

Another red tree and the fountain.  I love those gabled windows. 



.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm...did there happen to be any turtle painting on that table? it looks lovely, and i'm so proud of you, your work is fantastic......

Vesuviusmama said...

Congratulations on a successful day! What a colorful booth - I definitely would have wandered over to browse. And that sampler quilt is the one that immediately caught my eye - I can see why it sold.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your booth looks great! Congrats on selling almost everything.

Bunny said...

Good for you, I am sure you feel good about your day. Booth looks great.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I am so happy for you Gene. I know you must be very pleased. I'm doing the happy dance for you....cha cha cha!!!!!

Huge Smiles,
Kelly

Miss Hillbilly said...

Yay for you! I am glad that you had a good sale day. Sales are so much fun...and they are a great boost due to all the compliments. I am sure that you received a bunch!!

sewfunquilts said...

That's wonderful on all your sales and your booth looks great. Yay! for you!

Barb said...

Way to go Gene, your display looks wonderful....you were one worker bee...having a full time job and doing all of this on the side.

When I get settled...I want to buy some note cards from you....how much are they?

SewCalGal said...

Sounds like a great day Gene. I'm happy for you that everything went well and you sold a quilt too. Yippee. Did you play your flute in your booth?

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Pat said...

I'm really proud of you, Gene......your work is so creative and wonderful and how terrific that you already have a buyer for the layer-cake quilt you are working on right now!!! I was also wondering if you played your penny whistle yesterday at the show!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised you did so well, your booth was a total eyecatcher! Lovely. Your courtyard photos are lovely. Is this building where you live? What kind of altar is that?

Trudi said...

Your table looks wonderful, wish Icould have stopped by to get a few christmas gifts :) Well done on all those sales :)

ooglebloops said...

Great booth - it just draws folks in from across the room!! Glad you did so well!!!

Melissa ;-) said...

Congratulations, Gene! I am surprised that puzzle quilt isn't the one that sold. What an eye catcher!