Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Penny Whistle

I got a new penny whistle set from Ellis Whistles, UK  It is a great instrument. I am learning the differences in it and my Burke whistle.  (This is similar to switching to a different sewing machine - even though they do the same things you have to work a little differently)  So there are a few mistakes. Oops..sorry. They aren't bothering me too much, I hope they don't bother you. As for the ball cap, I had to hide my unkempt hair. Ha ha.. it is a lazy morning, what can I say?
First I did an ancient hymn tune:




Then I did one of my "on the fly" compositions. That is, I make it up as I go. Hence, I sometimes make little mistakes on these also.





 

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Gene, you are amazing. I loved both tunes. You remind me so much of my brother who in his short life, tried and conquered many things. I salute you.
Now to a crazy question.....how did you get those little balloon comments into your video???

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Gene....you are the best :) I love seeing you play.

Smiles,
Kelly

Pat said...

Looks as if you are having little (if any) trouble using the new whistle...sounded great to me! Thanks for sharing.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Be thou My Vision is my husbands favorite hymn.

My son just turned 13 and what did he want for his birthday? Celtic music...especially if it featured flute playing. I think I need to get him a penny whistle and book for Christmas...he loves it so much!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Gene I love this! I can remember penny whistles from when I was a little girl - oops, that dates me! blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

Both these videos have put a big smile on my face. I just happened along on your blog, and you have made my day. Blessings!

Sarah said...

ooooh the new whistle sounds beautiful. and i love that hymn tune- it reminds me of my years at an Episcopal school.