Saturday, November 06, 2010

What a thought!

There is an article in today's Houston Chronicle that Ricky Tims shared.   The title is "Rock Stars of the Quilting World"  I will put a link at the end of this so you can read it for yourself.   In the article Katie Pasquini Masopust is mentioned as being a household name.  Well, in the right crowd anyway.  She joked "Not many people know it, but I'm famous. In the right crowd, people know who I am."  
That got me to thinking.  I use SiteMeter  to see if anyone is reading my blog. (Yes they are and YOU are proving it by reading this!)   One cool feature is a world map of visitors.  Here is a map of the last 100 visitors to my blog at the time I am writing this. 


Amazing, while the main concentration is in North America, I have a world wide readership. Hello to Chile, Argentina, Japan, Australia, New Zealand Ireland, UK, Holland and Denmark.  I have also had visitors from Spain and Russia.  It amazes me.  So today I am playing "Rock Star" Quilter.  Ha ha.  The good news is that the Chronicle article says that the Rock Stars of Quilting do not walk red carpets, but rather mingle and share.  I have to say that has been my experience. (Thanks Ricky Tims!)
Now go read the Houston Chronicle Article for yourself!
And have a great day! This Rock Star loves you.

9 comments:

Greg said...

It's an honor to be a dot on your map. Can I have your autograph and a picture?

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I've never been to Festival because I go to work....however....it is absolutely amazing to see the tallent, joy and community that eminates from the convention center.

Gene, you are famous in my world :)

Smiles,
Kelly

Barb said...

Don't leave out Amerika Samoa.....when are you going to tour and let your fans shake your hand?

Maree said...

My dot is right on the edge of the map in New Zealand. Its always a pleasure to visit your site.

Maree

Trudi said...

And another visit from the UK contingent! LOL so pleased you mingle and share :) Always a pleasure visiting!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Don't you just love that little widget?? I was so surprised when I added it! Love ya!!

Sarah said...

You were a rockstar before you ever quilted.

GeeGee said...

"Hey Big Rock Star" from a "Little Dot" in Virginia.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm a dot from the West Coast. Isn't fun to see where all of your visitors come from?