Thursday, June 09, 2011

12 Blocks

I can not believe it, but I have the 12 HUGE (18") blocks made for the commission quilt. That is right, I sat last night and sewed my brains out. I am very happy with the blocks.  I will be putting 4" sashings between the rows. 


I rearranged the layout when I realized that it was not quite "right."
Now that I realize also that the "purple-red" blocks look more red than purple, I am thinking of changing the sashings also. 
Would  you like what is behind door # 1?

Or Door # 2?
Or would you make a suggestion for yet something else?  (I am trying to limit this to fabrics in my stash.) 
I have a nice green (see last post) that is also an option.  I am sure I will be laying out the squares and the fabrics for auditions sometime tonight or this weekend. 

I am looking forward to your suggestions. 
Adding Audition pictures:


All blue


Blue and Green

Blue and Yellow



12 comments:

Barbara said...

Door #2, definitely! Love it!

Tangos Treasures said...

I love door #1!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

My favorite is door #1. I think the colors pop just a little bit more :)

Tangos Treasures said...

I'm sticking with door #1

Unknown said...

One vote for door #2! (But, really, I don't think you can go wrong either way)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Now with the blocks on the fabric I think the all blue. I think the green fabric sashing would wash out the green in the block. The yellow might add a totally different dimension to your quilt.

Nancy said...

um...I'll take door number 2.you have so much going on in the blocks that the same color sashing tones it down...

Royce said...

I too like #2. Beautiful design as always.

Rhonda said...

I like "Door #1" best.

Donna said...

Door #2 - I love the blue.

Pat said...

Oh, dear....don't make me choose...I like them both about equally. :)

Lindi said...

Door 1 pops better. Don't like the green. Have you tried mixing the blue around in both directions?