Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where Are You?

I know that some of you have wondered where I have been lately.  Work has been quite hectic.  We have had to do some outdoor "exercises" (practicing for an event) in this torturous heat.  So I have been drained on arriving home.  Needless to say, I have let the sewing lapse a bit.  I have done some mindless sewing, but nothing yet worth showing. 


So today I am going to show you "Tomatoes for Pablo"
This is a painting that I did as a tribute to Pablo Picasso.  It is an abstract and the tomatoes "float" in an amorphous space.  
amorphous: without classification or definite shape; undefined. 


I hope you enjoy it.  If you would like to view more of my abstract paintings go to my gallery of abstracts.
Some of my floral works  are in this gallery. 
Some of my landscape works  are in this gallery


More sewing and quilt stuff as soon as I am able. 

3 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the painting!! Hope you stay cool soon!

Barbara said...

I always appreciate seeing the other side of your art, Gene. This one is very, very striking!

Barb said...

I love your work, alway enjoy it when you post about it.