Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby Sewing.

Okay, this will be short.  I have been quite busy with the new princess (great niece)   Today I left for work early and went to hold her for a bit before I had to go to work. (yes I made it to work on time--but yeah, I wanted to just call in sick!) I even managed to stay at work all day.
I had bought some cloth diapers a couple of months ago to make some burp cloths.   I think they are too thin to use just one layer so I folded them in thirds and sewed a wide binding around 3 edges.  Then I sewed a simple straight seam up the other side to secure the inside folded edge.  Now I think that was probably unnecessary but it will keep it a bit neater when washed I think. 
Isn't that heart and flower fabric just perfect for this?


I also bought a couple of onesies that I embroidered on my embroidery machine.   Here they are: 
I love the little bird carrying a rose on the white one. 


And here is a peek at the princess. 
Friday, which at this point is tomorrow, she goes home from the birthing center.  I am taking off work since I have some comp time (leave that is given instead of paying us for overtime!)  that needs used.  I will be there with these little presents. 


11 comments:

Unknown said...

she's so precious. and i'm sure she'll love her presents....

Pat said...

Great gifts...she's very sweet, Gene! Enjoy the time you get to spend with her tomorrow on your "comp" day.

Jackie's Stitches said...

She is just adorable Gene! Enjoy your time with her today. I couldn't think of a better use for your comp time.

Unknown said...

Precious!! I look forward to the day when i have a baby to sew for again, but it will be a while for me. I'll just live it through you for now!

Tangos Treasures said...

Love all your gifts!! She's adorable!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

She is precious :) You have made some wonderful little gifts for her. Enjoy the day with your newest family member!

Rhonda said...

What a cutie. She will love the gifts!!!

Barb said...

What a fun post....you are such a wonderful uncle....and the little one is adorable....have fun!!

Barbara said...

In spite of not posting often, you have outdone me. I've been away and am just now catching up with what feels like a very busy blogland! Going from bottom up -- the painting may not feel like your style, but you have much talent with realism. I especially like your interpretation of water.
Congratulations on your new grand niece (she's adorable!) and it looks as if you are enjoying creating special things for her. The embroidery is particularly cute.
I enjoyed catching up here, be well!

Royce said...

Oh Gene you just spoil her rotten. She's so sweet. A princess needs lots of things and lots of attention too.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sweet. Nothing better than baby love!