Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What have I done???

Hi, my name is Gene and I need a 12 step program.  You see, I am a fabricaholic. I got lost (not exactly lost, I knew where I was and that I shouldn't be there)  on the internet and landed on Connecting Threads.  I had just deposited the $$ from the baby quilt commission and lost control. 
I wandered through the clearance fabrics and found a cart full of goodies. 
I mean, how could I resist?  The leaf print fabrics on the right of the picture were in the "seconds" section.  It said "Rows of leaves slope crooked on one side of the selvage. " I have unfolded each of the colors, I can't find a problem. I also ordered some of the Essential Thread in my "go to" cream color. The spools on both machines were getting low and I have quilt making to do. 
I feel slightly guilty about buying more fabric, but then I just looked and I have 17 yards of fabric in that pile. I also got a 5000 yard cone of thread and two 1200 yard spools. All of that - under sixty dollars.  
Okay, now I feel like a smart shopper! 


I see some of this having a good chance at ending up in the quilt I am working on now...just saying! 


10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Nothing to feel guilty about - just think about all that money you saved and can spend on MORE fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

It's dangerous to be on the computer at times! =) I have to be on guard....or the fabric bug can attack...thankfully, the money is not there...so I'm usually good. Love your finds!

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL your funny!! Congratulations on your savings!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

We all belong to that group! ;-) My hubby does declare it.. as you now, our "STASH" ;-) good for you! go cut it up! and enjoy!

Barb said...

What is one of the steps, recognizing you have a problem....so you are well on your way to recovery!!!

Love the fabrics...

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

Well I say that is a deal and when you are looking for something specific you can never find it so get it while the getting is good.

Sheila said...

The folks at Connecting Threads know me too. :o)

Catskill Quilter said...

LOVE Connecting Threads! I love the leaves - have the aqua one, and love the kangi fabric, and the purple is one I got too....what a wonderful PILE of fabric!! Good job!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I love shopping the clearance aisle at Connecting Threads! I seem to always have a running cart on their website. I use their thread for all of my quilting too! You bought some beautiful fabrics!!

VickiT said...

You are too funny. I admire the fact you stopped at only $60! My shopping sprees regularly go far beyond that amount. LOL