Saturday, June 25, 2011

Peek at this

Today I finally got back to sewing on quilt stuff.   I am piecing the back of the commission quilt. (note to self - name the quilt and quit saying "commission quilt")  
The plan is to do the quilt in two pieces and then join them with sashing strips.  So I have half of the quilt layered and ready for quilting.  



Here is a peek showing some of the front. 


A little more:


And all rolled up:




I rolled it because I use a friends floor to layer it in. I have "basted" it with hair spray (Aqua Net -in a can) It will be easy to get out those wrinkles you see in the pictures - so don't panic. I will actually put it on the ironing board at home and get it straight.  Then when I iron it the "spray basting" will really hold nicely till I get it quilted. After the quilt is done, it washes out nicely. 


Here is an image of the top.  Can anyone suggest a name for this quilt?

5 comments:

Pat said...

Love how this turned out....but I am horrible on names. Sorry!!! When I look at it, though, it reminds me of some of the ball toss games at a carvnival (or the boardwalk).....squares where you try to get the ball and strips between each of the squares. (Of course, that could be said about many quilt tops, now that I think about it!)

Karen H said...

I don't have a name.... sorry! I just wanted to leave a comment about the Aqua Net. I had never heard to use it for spray basting... I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the tip.

Barb said...

Color Commotion....sorry, I am not very good at it either but really love how it pops...you can call it popcicle....didn't spell that right.

Micki said...

It's a beautiful quilt. I hope that the news from the hospital was good...You never mentioned how it all turned out.
Micki

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Gorgeous quilt! Who would have thought of using hair spray for basting sticky. It's got to be cheaper than spray adhesive. Thanks for the tip :)