Thursday, June 02, 2011

WoooWeee! Winning and Planning

I had a little bit of luck while I was on my short vacation.  While riding down to the coast, I played on my phone on FaceBook.  There are a few companies that I "like" on Facebook.  One of them is Arrow Sewing Cabinets.  They have awesome sewing cabinets that I would like to have, but my bank account protests too loudly for me to get one.  
I still like them though.   On Friday or Saturday, I got a message from a friend telling me that I had won something from Arrow on FaceBook.  I had won a Mighty Bright Light - the one with a magnifying glass on it. (and for ripping seams I sometimes need that extra help seeing!)  I was thrilled.  
Today FedEx delivered my prize.  Here it is sitting on some fabric.
I put my scissors under the magnifying glass to show it better.  It works with batteries OR with the included AC adapter.  Let me tell you, I will be using this baby!


Now, about that fabric under there-
I will be making a quilt for a young lady that is about to go off to college. This is a commission quilt. My instructions were:  She likes orange, red, yellow, purple and lime green.  She is not much of a "pink" girl.  When I asked about the pattern, I was told "whatever."  The person who commissioned this is the same one who commissioned the baby quilt. I designed that simple pattern for making the most of the fat quarters I had on hand. 
Some of these fabrics are fat quarters, but those in the back (on the white boards) are yardage.  
Now I have to make some more decisions on fabric and maybe design the new quilt. 
WooooWeee! I have my work cut out for me. 







8 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I love those bright happy colors. That quilt will be a knockout. Congratulations on the win too. I always tell myself when I'm ripping seams, "you don't need glasses, you just need longer arms!"

Barb said...

Lucky you Gene....and that quilt is going to be one bright fabulous quilt..she will love it.

Pat said...

Congrats on your win...looks like a very nice prize!!! I'm sure that gal will love her quilt.......great fabrics in colors she loves!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Cool! Congrat's on your win! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt with all those bright fun colors!
xx, shell

Barbara said...

A fun post and looking forward the the quilt!

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats on that win....looks terrific! Oh..that quilt is going to be fabulous, and can hardly wait to see what you do with all those bright beautiful fabrics.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats on your win! My tired eyes sure could use one of those at times. You certainly will be working with some wonderful, bright fabrics.

Tangos Treasures said...

Congratulations on the win!!
I know you will come up with a fabulous idea for the quilt!!!