Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Here I am

So sorry that I am not posting a lot lately.  I have had too much going on in my life. I will be going to the doctor today as I discovered a "thing" on my side.  I think it may be a hernia or a soft tissue mass. Whatever, I found it Sunday and it is getting seen about today!  I may not find out anything and just get a referral, but I am starting the process.  (TMI?)  Well folks,  we must take care of ourselves.  I hate visiting the doctor as it seems like wasted time, but I want to be here a while longer. Life is good.


Quilt news: I have the commission quilt top in two pieces and am ready to layer those and quilt - but I think I will do some piecing for the back yet. 


I don't like to post pictureless so I am putting up a painting I did that now belongs to my brother.  This one is watercolor and is really "not my style" but it is a cool painting. 





9 comments:

ooglebloops said...

I just mailed a note to a friend, using one of your cards with this exact painting!!!
Hope your doctor's visit proves uneventful and all is well.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You will be in my thoughts as you visit the doctor today and hopefully it is something that is nothing.
Your painting may not be your style but I LOVE it! It is beautiful :D

Rhonda said...

Thinking of you today, Gene.

Royce said...

Positive thoughts coming to you - hope all is good. I love the painting. The refection on the water is GREAT! I've never been any good at watercolor and it's always seemed a mystery to me. You seem to have solved the mystery!

~Laurie~ said...

Sending prayers :)

Cyndi said...

Hi Gene! Sorry I haven't visited in a while...lot going on for me, too! I'm very happy to hear that you are not like the typical man and wait until the last minute to go to the doctor! Good for you. And I hope that the "thing" is nothing serious and can be taken care of quickly and easily. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Love that painting...it's gorgeous! Your brother is a lucky guy! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Petit Design Co. said...

hope everything went well at the doc. I love your watercolor!

Miss Hillbilly said...

It may not be your style but I absolutely LOVE it! YOu are so mega talented!!

Melissa ;-) said...

Gene! I LOVE your painting!