Monday, June 27, 2011

Back - Quilting - Sale

Hi folks.  I have some things to tell you about.  I even have some NEW pictures!  Yaay.  
Over the weekend, I did some piecing on the quilt back for this quilt (not a new picture)




I layered it (and you got a peek at the backing) Then last night I started the quilting on it.  I decided to do a wavy grid but avoid the large solid green blocks where I want to do something special.  So I went at it.    I got a lot done but I didn't get this half of the quilt done just yet.  Here is the back as it looks draped over the recliner. 
There is more to be added later when I do the other half. 


Here is a look at the wavy grid. 




I cut many of the pieces for the front of this quilt with my Go! cutter. Today I got a nice email from Carolyn. She told me about this sale that AccuQuilt has going on. It is called the "Go! For It Die Sale
If you would like to get emails from AccuQult about all of their sales just look in my sidebar and you will see the 22 free patterns when you sign up.  If you sign up from my blog, I get points. Enough points and I can get something free or at a discount. You know I like that. So sign up if you want to. 


Now, that recliner is calling my name....I am glad I moved the quilt already.  I don't think I will get anything done tonight.  I have a pain in my side from the "mystery lump" - The doc thinks it is a fatty tumor, but I am thinking hernia because of the pain.  I have an appointment in a week to get further evaluation.  Till then, I am not fretting too much about it. And I am trying to not do too much just in case it is  a hernia.   
No one told me getting old would be such fun   crap  an adventure! 

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a great job you are doing on this quilt....and personally.....it is not fun getting old...the only thing is that I am wiser....maybe....

Rhonda said...

Great quilt Gene. Did you quilt it on a long arm or on a regular machine???

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your wavy grid quilting looks great. It is such a fast quilting style but is still attractive.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I really like the wavy grid line quilting. Ain't it fun getting old :P

Barbara said...

Haha, getting old fun? NOT! It just doesn't get better as we age either, but with your sense of humor, I'm sure you will fare well. I love the quilt, the colors especially of course, and your wavy grid stitches are so perfectly spaced. That's my issue with machine quilting.

Average Quilter said...

The quilt is looking good. It's always fun to finish a project

Pat said...

Looking great so far...can't wait to see what you will do with the green blocks, too.