Monday, June 06, 2011

Three "little" Blocks

The blocks for the quilt I am making will be 18" square.  There will be 4" sashings.  This is a large scale design.  I think it is going to be nice and bold. 
I got three of the blocks completed.  I took a picture -using my every handy design floor to lay them out on.  The block closest to me washed out in the flash so I cropped that part off.  So you get to see two of the blocks. 
The green looks truer in the top block. Interestingly, the purple/red fabric looks much more red than purple. This is slightly changing my color scheme, but I think it will still work out.  I may have to rearrange the sashing plan. 

You will notice that one block has a four patch center and one has a plain center. These are currently planned to alternate in the final quilt. Ha! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes out right. 




6 comments:

Barb said...

Your piecing is amazing...right on point...looks fabulous.....hope you are getting paid well....you deserve it!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow they look great!! Love your handy design floor!!

Barbara said...

I did notice the 4-patch vs. plain centers and just knew you had a plan! It will be great!

ooglebloops said...

I like it - your signature is your eye for color!!
Drop by for "tea" if you get a chance and see the vintage quilts!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the bold colors in the blocks!! Who knew we all have "design" floors - lol!

Beeshebags said...

Looks great Gene, and I love that you are lucky enough to have enough floor space left to use it as a design floor! Mine is more of a flaw...ie it's flaw is that the floorplan isn't big enough for all my 'stash' lol Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt. Hugs Naomi