Thursday, September 24, 2020

Another Doodle

While I am making a few quilt blocks a day,  I am also doing other things.  Tomorrow, I hope to re-caulk my bathtub.  This will be a new experience for me.   But I watched some videos and read lots of "helpful hints."  Hopefully, I will be successful.  

Wednesday evening while winding down a bit,  I pulled out a watercolor background piece that I painted while doing laundry.  I can do that because there backgrounds are loose, free and totally unplanned.  The color says "use me now" and I do.  I love watching the colors mingle and form new colors in places while other places maintain color purity. 

Here is the doodle

The colors led me to create the  wonky "rectangular" frame. I just followed along. 
Then I saw the hat there so I drew it in.  Next thing I knew this man had walked 
into my painting.  I just let the muse keep suggesting things to try.
And I tried them, adding lines and circles and shapes until it got to this point. 
I may trim away part of the top, but that is undecided right now.  
I did go ahead and sign it because I am pretty sure I don't need to add anything else. 

I think I need to do some more backgrounds. I am really enjoying these doodles.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your painting is so COOL. your doodles make it sing.

Pamela Arbour said...

That is really nice Gene. Very creative.

Debbie said...

I love the doodles! And putting them over the backgrounds is very cool. You are really on a creative streak.

Barbara said...

This is so cool! And especially that you can do them while doing other things. Pretty amazing, and so much fun!

Angie said...

I am really enjoying your doodles! The little guy in your painting is awesome! You are so talented. You give me inspiration. This year I think everyone can use some inspiration! Your backgrounds are amazing as well. Good luck with your re-caulking your tub. One thing I learned on that is to be sure & use the caulk that states on it that it won't mildew. I used the wrong kind one time & had to caulk over it with the kind that will not mildew. It isn't pretty but it doesn't leak. I know you will do an amazing job with your tub! Enjoy your day. πŸŒ»πŸπŸŒΎπŸ¦‹

Hilachas said...

I’m really enjoying your doodles too. I’m always amazed at how creative you are. I love the way that man in the hat “just appeared.”

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your watercolors and your doodles! - And how you can make something special while doing laundry - LOL - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Love your creative fun!

Marlene said...

Your watercolours make fabulous backgrounds for the doodles. I love that you followed inspiration and drew what showed itself.