Saturday, September 19, 2020

Paint Play

Someone asked to see the "mess" that I created with the watercolor.  So here is the disaster. It really is a mess. 
After painting the watercolor background, I used a gold watercolor paint that I made with a Jacquard gold powder and some gum arabic that I bought for use with watercolor.  Gum Arabic is the "glue" that holds watercolor pigment on the page.   However, my flowers are boring and dull even in gold. 

Here is a great tip. When you have made a complete mess, it is the perfect time to experiment.  Having watched videos where the artist doodles all over her watercolors, I thought "why not? I can't hurt this one."  I thought that at worst, it is a piece of paper that can go in the trash can. 

So I doodled.


It isn't great art, but it is a lot more fun now. And it is no longer destined for the trash can.  I can use it as the front of a card when an appropriate birthday rolls around

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Barb said...

I love anything you do...I love this...great fun.

Frog Quilter said...

I like what it has become! A work of beauty.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it! - I like how you show the "before" and "after" - the doodling definitely made a difference - ;))

Barbara said...

It just wasn’t done! 😊

Debbie said...

Doesn't look like a mess now. Successful save.

Angie said...

I love your painting. It's so unique & cool. I think it would be beautiful in a little frame on the wall. Just awesome! 🦋🍁🌻