Friday, September 18, 2020

The HST Quilt Plan

After sewing a lot of 2" finished half-square triangles,  I finally sat down with Electric Quilt and made a plan.   I decided to add some 4" finished half-square triangles to the mix as well as some 2" plain squares. 

Sometimes I get completely lost playing with the possibilities in Electric Quilt.  But I had seen a block that I liked. So I pulled that one up - and then - of course - I changed it.  I only changed it to make the design work out better.   
Here is my final design (maybe - always subject to change - ha ha.) 

Looking at it again, I am thinking.....I have a lot more 4" half-square triangles to sew.  The outer section was originally designed as pinwheel blocks, but changing the inner part to red really added a lot of pop to the design. 

Half of the center 4"  half-square triangles for the blocks are sewn.  And the first block is sewn also. 
My blocks will be more scrappy than the design show above because the small half-square triangles are made from a 2 1/2" strip package. 
I am thinking and hoping that it will look great when it is finished. 

But right now, I am going to play with some watercolor paint and see what interesting "mess" I can create with it. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

That's going to look nice Gene. I need to spend more time in my EQ. Thanks for the reminder.

Frog Quilter said...

Awesome HST quilt! Have fun painting.

Barbara said...

I love it, am absolutely certain it will look great. I love the colors together!

Debbie said...

The new block looks good! Beautiful colors.

Vicki W said...

Well the plan certainly looks good!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

This will be fun to watch come together - the colors are beautiful! And I'm looking forward to see what kind of mess you make with your watercolors - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

I'm thinking it will be pretty neat ... I'm liking it!

Kathleen said...

I like the plan and I like the subject to change...always. Good luck with it. It is gonna be great.