Thursday, September 10, 2020

Non-Representational Watercolor

Of course some of you will say "abstract" instead of "non-representational."  But there is a slight difference.  A true abstract uses some real physical object as the beginnings and stretches or mutates the shapes to make it abstract.  For example think of some of the faces by Picasso. You can tell they are meant to be people but maybe both eyes are on one side of the face.  

Non-Representational does not have a basis in a real object.  Instead they are painted using some other construct. Sometimes, that is simply a design format.  Other times, it may be a play on a particular color. 

For this one I started with three colors as the basis of the painting.  As it progressed I added two more. 

The original three colors were blue, green and purple.  The bright pink and yellow ochre were added later because it seemed to need them. 

I have no idea what I will do with this.  It may just be what it is. Or I may do something else to it or with it.   In any case, I had fun.  And isn't that the point?
Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE it just the way it is! - ;))

Barbara said...

This is lovely Gene, and for me it celebrates color. That is a weak area of mine, but you are a master at it.

Debbie said...

I had a bad night, so I am probably seeing things. I see a clown face.....scary huh?
I like the free expression.