Thursday, September 10, 2020

What I found

Since I decided to do some play with watercolor for a bit,  I went looking for one of my old water bins.  It has a double well so you have a clean and dirty water bin in one container.  However, I didn't find it right away.  I did find that I am apparently a hoarder of art supplies.  I found a small carrying case full of various paint brushes.   I also found some watercolor pencils, some watercolor pan sets and some other interesting things.

But  there was also a basket full of wooden things.  Hmmmm.... pulling it out, I remembered many years ago when  a co-worker gave me a box full of wooden plaques.  I painted florals on a lot of them. Some I may have sold at craft shows, but some I know I gave as gifts.  My aunt still has one on display. 

I pulled them out and made photos so you can see them.  These are acrylic on wood with a sealant over the painting on most of them.



The one on the right has a Monet feel, I think.  Monet is one of my favorite artists, along with Van Gogh, Picasso, and Dali.

Maybe when this pandemic is over (if ever) I will be able to have a booth at a craft show and sell these little pieces.   They are better than I remember.

And, Yes, I did finally find the water container.  It was right out in the open- but I had put something inside it and disguised  it.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those are nice!! "Hoarder of art supplies" - I think I might have the same problem - LOL - ;))

Sandra Walker said...

I had a good chuckle at the end; just like I disguised that gold fabric on the back of the quilt! Very pretty paintings; you're a multi-talented dude! :-)

Lyndsey said...

I have a hoard of stationary, art supplies, fabric, threads, yarn. OK basically anything I can use for a craft. It's not as bad as it sounds as I don't have a lot of storage space so all hoards are quite small. Love your paintings and yes I also often lose what is in front of my nose.

Debbie said...

We all hoard things that are precious to us. And these are grand too! You just are full of hidden surprises in your artisitc talent.

Barbara said...

Oh wow, I’d have to buy 3 or 4 of them because I can’t pick a favorite! The “Monet” feel would be one of them, for sure! Beautiful pieces!

Quilting Tangent said...

You will have a very interesting both filled with all your different crafts: weaving, painting quilting and I'm sure there are others. Pretty flowers!

Jan said...

Those painted plaques are really pretty. They remind me of a painted purse I had many years ago. Its around here somewhere, or else one of my girls took it with them when they moved out. They like all my old stuff. lol