Tuesday, September 29, 2020

More EQ Playtime

The medallion quilt,  that uses the same block design as my current quilt, kept playing in my brain.  I wanted to add rows to the top and bottom, but I didn't want to recreate the entire quilt.  As I was making a batch of yogurt, an idea popped in my head.   Why not use the borders option in a creative way?  
So I did.  
The way I did it was to add another set of borders. Then I changed the size of the side borders to "0" inches. I set the border option as blocks and adjusted the number of blocks to make them square-ish. 

This inspired me to try using the center block for the border blocks also.
These two options really add to the versatility of the design. I know that many quilters don't care to make square quilts as they are less useful.  I am one of those quilters. 

Finding a way to adapt this quilt makes me very happy.  Which version do you like best?


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your variations - I was just going to make more blocks and lay them out in a rectangle depending on how many I had - LOL - ;))

CAN I said...

I like the second one more- seems to have more vitality and movement, but that are both delightful

Kathleen said...

I like the second one more, but I think that is because the purple and red are close in tone, at least on the computerized rendering. Both are great options.

Barbara said...

Me too, second one! Just a more more colorfully layout!

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for sharing. That is good information. I really must spend time in EQ!