Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Watercolor - why not!

My friends A Left-handed Quilter and Barbara are painting a little with watercolors and watercolor pencils.  So I have decided to join in.  I have actually taken watercolor classes from some "name" painters, but it is not my strong suit.  To be honest I don't paint a lot anymore - watercolor or acrylic.  So I am challenging myself to paint two little watercolor pieces each day for a while. (Hopefully the rest of the month - but we will see.)

Here are two that I painted today following the same "Easy Flowers" video that Kitty used.

 The first one is blotchy and the stems are horrid. 

The second one is better, but the stems are still too thick. 
Maybe tomorrow's will be better. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I think they look GREAT!! Mine are blotchy, too - but I think that's the best part about watercolors - the water does its own thing - and that's not necessarily what we want it to do - LOL - ;))

Debbie said...

I love the first one! I think it is great.

Frog Quilter said...

I think they look fine, actually beautiful.

Barbara said...

Oh boy, I’m catching up with you two and completely intimidated. I procrastinated yesterday and went out for a new watercolor paint brush and new watercolor pencils instead of painting. I have the paper and watercolors in tubes already, so I’m set to give this a try. Something is preventing that from happening, but our son and his dog are visiting. I blame them. Lol. Sometime soon after they leave, I will try it. I don’t know which to attempt, perhaps the same video you and Kitty have done, for the sake of seeing 3 different interpretations; or another watercolor pencil landscape. Perhaps both! Gene, yours are lovely! I like that you rotated the flowers to make the two paintings different, and the contrast within the petals is great. I’m glad to learn from you two before I even try. This is fun!

Barb said...

I don't know what you are calling horrid, those flowers look amazing. You are one talented person.

Vicki W said...

I love that you are always willing to experiment and try new things!