Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Cold and Lazy

I am sure that the "arctic blast" weather is no news to any of you.  Here in Alabama we are at 14 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. The prediction yesterday was a low of 31 this morning so I scheduled an early appointment. Now I have to go out in the frigid cold early.  BRRRRR. (yes I know some of you would think that 14 is warm right now when you have minus temps.)

Anyway,  the cold has been using my energy and zapping my creativity.  I have great ideas but prefer to just sit snuggled in and warm.

So, I have accomplished nothing creative.  I have rolled a hank of yarn into a ball - mostly.  It tangled badly and being wool, it also matted or felted in a few places. I still have a small section to work on. ARRRGH.

Now to make the post entertaining visually here are a couple of "old" pictures to make your eyes happy.
Where I would rather be:
Notice how well this beach scene goes with my new color scheme on the blog?

I am having notecards printed in this design - a watercolor I painted:


A baby quilt I did for a commission a while back
 for a nautical themed nursery:

Stay warm my friends!


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Pat said...

Love to see photos that say WARM! Thanks!!!

Pat Merkle said...

You're not much warmer than we are today, it's about 6 degrees F this morning. It's supposed to be 49 by Saturday. Crazy weather. Lovely watercolor and quilt.

Peter Lappin said...

We're a balmy 9 degrees here in NYC. Can't wait till Saturday -- high of 55!

Elaine said...

14-my goodness, our low was 37 and we should get to 64-next week mid 70's-which I know sounds wonderful to all of you facing this blast of cold where you are-so I am not going to whine about our lack of seasons. Stay warm-your creativity will come back full force as soon as your brain cells unfreeze:)

Barbara Arcement said...

I am loving this weather now that it getting a little warmer. It was 24 here this morning around 4am and now it is up to 36. We have been staying in the last couple of days because it has stayed in the 20s but today its beautiful and much warmer.

Barbara Arcement said...

Love your note cards!

Jocelyn said...

Gene we have had a blast of cold here in Florida as well. It has been in the 30's the last two night. But the good news is........ it will be back up to the 70's by the weekend!

Beth said...

I can relate. I would love to be on that beach. Instead I am snuggled up on the couch with a bad cold/flu waiting for the great thaw. LOL

Barb said...

It has been nasty cold here too...and I am moving at a snails pace.

Love your notecards....

Kathleen said...

We're just beginning to come out of the deep freeze today here in the suburbs of Buffalo NY. Sunshine and blue skies today. It's currently 20 degrees!