Saturday, January 11, 2014

Digitizing and Testing - play day

A few days ago, I saw someone ask on a website where to get a machine embroidery doll face.   I thought, "I could probably digitize one."  So I played with it.  I actually digitized two faces.
Today I sewed out one of them.
I did skip the white background in the eyes since I was embroidering on white fabric.  There were also a couple of  extra colors that outlined the iris and pupil of the eye.  I skipped those also.  My program doesn't seem to allow me to go in and delete those, so when I use this I will continue to skip those.

I did another version which I have not yet sewn out.  But I captured an image of it.
The eyebrows are thinner and the highlight in the eye is different.  It changes the face more than you would think.

These are done in a 4" by 4" hoop.  What do you think?  Would this look good on cloth dolls?   Would you like to have the machine file?  I will say that it is in PES format, so if your machine doesn't use that format you would have to be able to convert it.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Gene, those are wonderful faces. If I were a dollmaker, I'd have you digitizing lots of faces. One of the really nice things about stitched doll faces is that there are no small parts that can come off (like buttons) and harm small children. My daughters make sure my grandchildren only get dolls and stuffed animals with stitched faces.

The Slow Quilter said...

You are really getting good on this digitizing stuff. Great job, I would use your faces on my dolls if I made them.

Barbara said...

Yes, it would look great on cloth dolls!!!!! Not mine tho...don't have the machine for it. But you do it!

Jeanna said...

Those are some sweet doll faces. What program are you using? I just got PES Design Lite today but haven't loaded it yet. Not sure if I can really use it or not ???

Looks like you found some mojo!

ShirleyC said...

I don't make soft dolls, but I think a version with some eyelashes would be nice too.
You did good!

Beth said...

Both so cute! I don't have an embroidery machine, but they sureare cute. You really are so good at digitizing.

c said...

i admire your ability to digitize, i am not even going to try. But from one who use to painting, that doll to me, needs some eyelashes. Sorry am not critizing.