Monday, January 06, 2014

Fashion Show

Clearly I am not a model, but several commenters asked to see me in the scarf I made.
So here it is.

I know I should have worn a different shirt, but this one was ironed and ready to go before I knew I was going to need a picture.
I don't think GQ will be calling for my services. Ha ha.

I wore the scarf to church and it was a huge hit.  I have orders for at least three of them.  One "just exactly like yours;"  one with a burgundy warp thread (where this is brown) and one with a periwinkle warp thread - if I can find what I need it a good periwinkle.  I had no idea periwinkle was such a hard think to find.  I have found the right color but wrong weight or fiber. I have found the right weight and fiber but it is too blue and not a true periwinkle.  I will keep looking.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

11 comments:

Sharon E said...

Well, don't you look dapper! Nice colors.

Barbara Arcement said...

Love the colors of this scarf. How wide and how long is it.? Looks like the perfect width on you!

Elaine said...

You look great in that scarf-no wonder others noticed and wanted one like it. Thanks for taking the time to model it. We don't use scarves here in So Cali and I love the look of them.

suemac said...

It is really very nice looking. I am glad you got some orders.

Jeanna said...

Wow, I'm glad you modeled the scarf Gene. You can really tell more about it and it really is a nice one. I can see why you have multiple orders for one. Periwinkle should look totally different but I bet it will turn out wonderfully.

Sarah said...

That scarf is the bomb! I'm not surprised that you got orders for more. I love yarns with long color runs. they make the most beautiful projects.

Sarah said...

That scarf is the bomb! I'm not surprised that you got orders for more. I love yarns with long color runs. they make the most beautiful projects.

Beth said...

Looks great on you Gene!!! I am not surprised that you have orders for more. Periwinkle is a hard color to find, but it is out there. Happy weaving.

Unknown said...

Nice pic Gene. :) The scarf look good too.

Pat said...

It looks great, Gene! How nice that you got orders, too, after you wore it to church.

Kathleen said...

Very nice picture of you . . . and the scarf!