Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Free Form

As an update to yesterday's post, let me  show you my reconstructed block.

Remember these two blocks? Rather than making opposing angles for the wonky 9s, I did these on parallel angles. So they didn't fit in.
One of them was slashed  and added to and became this wild free form block - it may become a mini quilt.
What would you suggest that I add to the top blue section?  Fusing something there could make it more interesting. Right now that expanse of almost solid may be a bit too strong. It seems to overpower the piece.
If it doesn't work out as an art piece I can always put it on the back of a quilt.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Hi Gene, I've been following your posts for several days. Love the scarves you've done. The colors are wonderful.

For the free-form block, I think I'd slash that top dark blue section a few times for some added interest. I love to slash blocks that don't fit or that I don't like. They also make great strips for things like book covers and eyeglass cases.

suemac said...

I see you are using your new found knowledge from your new book. I agree the blue section needs something. How about some of that yellow.

Barbara said...

How about adding an ad for Dramamine? LOLOLOL!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You are so creative and artistic that I am sure you will find the right solution :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Maybe some fancy quilting in yellow?? - ;))

Unknown said...

Where the vertical dark blue linear shapes contact the large dark blue area at the top, continue the linear shapes , but change them over to the white color. On the left continue the diagonal yellow line through the dark blue area.

Elaine said...

I would slash that large blue area horizontally 2 or 3 times.