Sunday, January 12, 2014

One Horse

Really,  this post is a "One Horse Post"
Several weeks ago, I decided to use my horse design that I made into an art quilt as the basis for a digitized embroidery design.
So I digitized it in EQ7 with the EQ Stitch plug in.

Saturday while I was doing some chores, I let it sew out.

I love it all in gold on black, but I wish I had sat and watched.  I could have changed colors for some of the sections just to make it a bit more interesting.  I have to say that it doesn't sew out in what I consider a logical manner. So it would be good if I watched it sew out and took notes! Ha ha.
However, using only one color I can get it started and then walk away.  This takes 22 minutes to sew out.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Sue said...

It looks great Gene, I love horses.

Marjorie said...

Gene, I love your horse. That looks really great. My granddaughter is a horse lover. Now that she has a princess quilt, I'm going to have to make a horse quilt for her. That design as a giant applique (think calico horse) in the middle of pieced blocks might look good.

Pat said...

It turned out very nice, Gene. I like it in one color, actually.

ooglebloops said...

22 minutes!!! That is alot of thread!!!! Gorgeous!

Barbara said...

I remember this, I think, a whole new version. Don't have a clue about the digitizing process, and it's probably not for me to try, but I'm enjoying the way you are making things work FOR you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I digitized a few designs way back when I first got my embroidery machines and I have to agree, there isn't a lot of logic to how they sew out.

Kathleen said...

Gene, can you paint on those embroidered threads of the horse? I follow a blog where this woman paints fabric and creates beautiful pieces. I wonder if you can enhance the embroidered horse that way.

Jeanna said...

That is an amazing piece Gene. I love it... especially the gold on black...very sophisticated.

Beth said...

The gold horse, so simple and striking. I like it.

SewCalGal said...

Gorgeous Gene. You did a fantastic job. And I also agree that the gold and black really work well with this design.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com