Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day Recap -A finish

While I didn't spend my day in complete productivity, I did manage to start and complete a project.  I spent a lot of time on the computer monitoring weather just like I would have done had we gone to work.  I talked to my boss for about 30 minutes also.

But the main thing I did was create this:
 Yes another scarf.  I hope that it suits the one who asked me to make it.  It certainly suits me.
In fact I look downright dashing in it and my newsboy cap.  Ha ha....who am I kidding. The cap is there to hide my hair which I didn't even comb today.   But the scarf is amazingly rich in color.  But I know I won't get to keep it regardless.  I had another friend see a peek of it so she is second on the list for it.  The reason I am uncertain about the one who commissioned it, is that she doesn't want stripes - but she does want multiple colors.  Since weaving is inherently straight lines, that makes stripes of some manner difficult to avoid.  However, I don't think this really comes off as stripes when it is worn.
I never got around to turning on the sewing machine.  Truthfully, I have at least three more scarf orders and want to fill them as soon as I can.
Weaving these scarves has really helped me to see that most colors will work together.  The big question is "What goes on the loom next?"


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

Very nice! You had a very productive day!

Barb said...

You do look dashing!!! Love the scarf...love the snow days!

suemac said...

So much fun on a snowy day

Beth said...

Such rich color in that scarf. I am sure there will be a long line for it.

Barbara said...

Lovely! I did some weaving yesterday too. Got lost in the meditative frame loom over and under-ing by hand, but didn't complete my project. Need a heddle loom to be more quickly productive! Not yet though. I'm enjoying the process.

Lynn said...

Looks like a snow day well spent!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Gene those beautiful colors just glisten-I hope your client still loves it even with the stripes. what fibers did you use?
Happy weaving Kathy

Jeanna said...

Another fabulous scarf! You are a weaving machine these days....I'm sure your customers love you!

Rhonda said...

Gene, you look dashing in that cap and scarf. BTW, the scarf looks so warm and cozy, perfect for a freezing day like today here in central Texas 31 degree with a wind chill factor of 25....can you say..."burrrrrrrrr"

Jackie said...

That scarf is gorgeous!